Accessories are becoming increasingly popular among fashion savvy men, male fashion bloggers and menswear designers. To stay ahead of the curve, we encourage you to read on...
Because putting together a layered look that works isn't always the easiest to do, we have put together a few tips to help you create a dapper layered ensemble!
Firstly, let's talk about what not to do when layering:
- Do not layer fabrics, styles or colours that clearly are not meant to go together. There is a different between nice contrasts and awful clashing - be careful not to cross the line. If you are unsure the difference, an Ensemble personal stylist will help you put something together!
- If your buttons are pulling or your outer layers start to look too tight, you might have to go up a size. Ensure your ensemble looks effortless rather than too perfect.
Now for the good stuff!
Creative Layering for the Office
When putting together a layered look for the office, be careful not to overdo it. Because we are in Calgary and not a creative agency in Manhattan, keep the look toned down, simple and classic. Here are a couple tips and examples for putting together an office appropriate layered ensemble:
- Do not try to layer with a black suit. Black suits, in our opinion, are for formal occasions and executives. If you're going to wear one, make sure you keep it simple and classy (we can help you with this).
- Any other colour suit, especially grey and charcoal, look great when layered with a cardigan or sweater, solid or microprint shirt, and a great tie.
Creative Layering for the Weekend
Weekends are for comfort, letting loose and doing whatever you please. When it comes to your weekend style, it should always look and feel effortless. Here are a couple tips and examples for putting together a great weekend layered look!
- Whether it's jeans, jackets or chambray shirts, denim is always a good choice
- Knit sweaters look great when layered
- Tartan can be paired easily with any of the above
- Brown shoes, brown shoes, brown shoes (boots work too)
As always, we love to hear from you. If you have any questions or would like assistance putting together one of the above looks, contact us!
- Ensemble Style - Calgary